Sunday, May 14, 2017

Eurovision madness 2017!

Last night was Eurovison 2017!  It was wild and crazy and had a shock winner.  Later I went back and read the predictions and he was a favorite but by watching the songs I figured he'd get last or next to last. Here are the top 10 songs that you need to see from this year's Eurovision song contest!

My favorite song was from Romania "Yodel it".  Be careful if you listen to it you might develop a minor addiction or even start yodeling randomly.  Romania's gift to the world, enjoy!



Moldova came in 3rd!  They never disappoint. They brought back their world famous sax guy who also performed in 2010.   This is probably my 2nd favorite.  Hopefully it won't be the last time we see the sax guy. 



Maris' favorite was Norway.  I loved their song as well, they got 10th overall.



Belgium had a really cool song and came in 4th. Belgium got the most votes from Estonia.



Italy was predicted to win it all.  I'm not sure what the song is about but something to do with a naked dancing gorilla.  This was my third favorite song.  Can't go wrong with gorilla's right!?



Bulgaria was Maris' second favorite.



Voting is divided in two, TV views and then a jury.  Croatia did great with the viewers but not with the jury.  You'll understand when you watch.



It wouldn't be a complete Eurovision blog without Belarus!  Great song, lots of energy.



Sweden came in 5th and I'm adding this one just for Lynne! Maybe should have looked at grad school options in Sweden??



Last year Stephen Colbert had a Eurovision clip that is great, highlighting America's 2017 Eurovision song, too bad it didn't qualify! Maybe in 2018.



Portugal won and here is the song, nice and sweet but how it won I have no idea.






No comments:

Post a Comment